After a long day, a comfy couch and a good TV show is a great way to unwind. What if you could enjoy your favorite shows while also making progress toward your health goals? You can! The next time you sit down to watch TV, try incorporating 1 of these 5 activities.
- During commercials, jog in place. A 150-pound woman can burn up to 45 calories in 5 minutes.
- Do arm lifts with small weights while you watch the news, cooking shows, movies, or your favorite show!
- Set a timer on your phone, and every 3 min stand up and do squats for 30 seconds. If you aren’t comfortable with squats, stand up and sit down continuously for 30 seconds.
- Put on a music program and dance like you are 16 again. Not a fan of dancing? March to the beat of the music.
- Put away your remote and change channels the old-fashioned way—by getting up and walking to the television set. If you can’t find the buttons on your TV, put the remote in the next room.
Let us know what TV show or movie you’re planning to watch while trying these out!