Baked chicken and green beans are a perfect combination for a nutrient-packed flavorful meal. Paired with cumin, thyme, sweet potatoes and a hint of balsamic, they create one of our favorite easy dinner recipes.
(Per serving. Nutrition Facts will vary with ingredient substitutions)
|Serving Size||5 servings|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 g|
- 1 ½ pound sweet potatoes, cut into ½-inch wedges
- ALT: New potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cups of green beans
- ALT: Microwave-safe bag of broccoli
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- ALT: boneless chicken breast with skin
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-5 tablespoons Balsamic Glaze
- Large Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- 5 Containers
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss cut sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil and pepper in a large bowl. Spread evenly on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Trim the ends of the green beans and toss them in boiling water for 5 min
- Transfer green beans to a bowl and season them with. garlic powder
- Take baking sheet out of the oven.
- Sprinkle chicken with cumin, thyme, and pepper to taste. Place on top of the sweet potatoes. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, 10 to 18 minutes more.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven, let it cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer veggies and chicken into 5 containers and drizzle balsamic glaze on top of each meal. Will last for 5-6 days in the refrigerator.
- 1 ½ lbs Sweet Potatoes (ALT: New potatoes)
- 4 cups Brussel Sprouts
- 1 ½ lbs boneless chicken thighs (make sure to get at least 5 chicken thighs) (ALT: boneless chicken breast with skin)
From the Aisles:
- Fini Balsamic Glaze – found with the vinegars
- ½ tsp – dried thyme – check for bulk spices first! You can just buy a little bit. If not, spice aisle.
- ½ tsp – ground cumin – check for bulk spices first! You can just buy a little bit. If not, spice aisle.
- Olive Oil – if you don’t have on hand
- Aluminum Foil – if you don’t have on hand