This Mexican Cauliflower Rice Bowl recipe is bursting with flavor- cajun spice, garlic, and a splash of lime, packed with veggies and protein, this will quickly become a go-to dinner favorite. This easy-to-make recipe and full shopping list are included below.
(Per serving. Nutrition facts will vary with ingredient substitutions)
|Serving Size||5 servings|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g|
- 2 packages finely chopped cauliflower (or 2 packages frozen cauliflower rice)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (add more to taste, if desired)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more to taste, if desired)
- Salt-free Cajun spice (add into taste, if desired)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1.25 pounds lean ground beef or ground turkey breast
- 1 14oz can no salt added black beans, strained and rinsed (can use low sodium option, less than 150mg sodium per serving)
- 3 packages pre-cut fajita veggie mix (peppers and onion sliced)
- If not available, 2 green bell peppers and 1 red bell pepper thinly-sliced and one large red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 medium avocados
- Salsa of choice (choose desired level of spiciness to add flavor)
- Grill pan or grill, if desired – you can easily use a skillet if you don’t have a grill or grill pan
- 2 medium frying or skillet pans
- Large wooden spoon
- Microwave safe bowl
- 5 containers
- If grilling or using a stove-top grill pan, heat grill and grill the peppers, onion, and corn. If sautéing, heat pan to medium high and sauté veggies until soft. Set aside to cool.
- If not grilling the corn, heat in a microwave safe bowl for 2-3 min and then set aside to cool.
- Heat cauliflower bits in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt-free Cajun spice (optional), lime juice
- Cook until just soft and fragrant.
- While ‘rice’ (cauliflower bits) is cooking, place a medium pan over medium-high heat to cook ground beef. Break up into small pieces and cook until cooked through completely.
- When cauliflower rice and meat are done cooking, cool completely.
- Set out 5 containers.
- Divide the cauliflower into the containers. Layer the beans, corn, veggies, and meat.
- Heat bowl for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Then, add avocado and salsa to each portion. Stores in fridge for 5 days.
- 2 – 15oz packages (cauliflower bits / finely chopped cauliflower) OR 2 packages frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 lime
- 3 packages pre-cut fajita veggie mix (peppers and onion sliced) OR
- 2 green bell peppers, 1 red bell pepper, and 1 large red onion
- 2 medium avocados
- 25lbs of 95% lean ground beef OR ground turkey breast
From the Aisles:
- 1 – 14oz can no salt added black bean (can use low sodium option with less than 150mg sodium per serving)
- 1 – 16 ounce package frozen corn
- 1 container low sodium salsa (Mark’s brand is a great choice)
- “Low sodium” means under 150mg sodium per 2-tablespoon serving
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper – this can be increased if you like a kick to your food