Why re-think your sugar intake? Here are 5 great reasons:
- Pancreas Overdrive
- Too much sugar overworks your pancreas.
- Sugar High
- Sugar triggers your brain to release dopamine – the “feel good” hormone. Over time, your brain requires more and more sugar to reach a “sugar high.”
- Spike & Crash
- Refined sugars (juices, sodas, and sports drinks) cause your blood sugar to spike and then crash.
- Sugar to Fat
- Excess sugar is converted into fat by your liver. An overload of sugar (and fat) can lead to fatty liver disease.
- Chronic Health Conditions
- High sugar intake can harden your heart arteries, contribute to kidney failure, and cause digestive issues.
Commit to make one change this year – eliminate sweetened beverages from your diet and bring on the flavored water. One small swap for a healthier you!