Want to satisfy your sweet tooth without sacrificing your health? Yes – it’s possible! As a part of a balanced meal, “nice cream” makes a delicious and healthy summertime treat that everyone will love. Here’s how to make your own in 10 minutes or less.
Step One: Pick Your Fruit
Frozen fruit is the base of yummy nice cream. Choose your favorite seasonal fruit and freeze it yourself, or buy it already frozen – just be sure it doesn’t have any added sugar. Here are our favorites:
- Bananas: Delicious! Just don’t go bananas here – ½ a banana is a single serving.
- Berries: For colorful nice cream that packs less of a punch for your blood sugar, choose berries! ½ cup of berries is a single serving.
- Peaches: Nothing says “summer” quite like ripe peaches. Skip the canned kind and go for fresh or frozen. ½ cup makes a single serving.
- Avocado: Yep! Add some frozen avocado to your nice cream recipe to make it even creamier.
Step Two: Pick Your Liquid
Got milk? Great! Always chose low fat/skim milk for a heart healthy choice or consider a tasty non-dairy alternative like unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened cashew milk.
Step Three: Add Some Flavor
Get creative with your nice cream, and make it just how you like it! Try adding:
- Ground cinnamon
- Cacao or cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- Vanilla or almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter
Step Four: Blend!
Time to put it all together:
- Put your frozen fruit in to a blender or food processor
- Slowly add small amounts of your chosen liquid while blending
- Once the mixture is smooth, add in your extra flavors
- Enjoy ½ cup serving with a balanced meal!
Have you ever tried nice cream? What’s your favorite flavor? Let us know in the comments below!